Tuesday, December 4, 2012

I Hate Cox Communications

Cox Communications (CC) is my cable and satellite provider. For cable TV (+digital receiver) and internet I pay -with taxes and all- about $157/mo. For internet alone I pay about $55/mo.

A few days ago Cox sent the following message to me.

It has the subject line 'Important Notice Regarding Your Cox Email'.


COX Business(R)
Dear Valued Customer,

We are writing to notify you that Cox recently experienced a technical disruption to our email services.  While email services have been restored, some of your emails older than 150 days cannot be recovered to our servers.

We value you as our customer, and apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.   If you have any questions regarding this matter, please contact us at 877-897-2470.

Sincerely,

Cox Communications

Needless to say, this is infuriating. I am paying Cox for access to an email account that is not public. In addition to restricting the size of my e-mail box to 2 GB now Cox has decided that I cannot keep messages for more than 150 days. 

Many e-mail providers are totally free and you get to have at least 10 GB of space but a company that I pay money for this basic service cannot fulfill its obligations. To add salt to injury they pretend in their communication that it is not even their fault.

I contacted Cox customer service to try to have my e-mail box restored and they told me that there is nothing they can do to recover my messages. Amazing. This is one of the reasons I thoroughly hate Cox Communications.

Cox Communications is arrogant, behaves like a de-facto monopoly, and restricts -via monopoly pricing- the free flow of information in this country.


No comments:

Post a Comment